Saturday

July Favourites

So it's the last day of July today which means end of the month blog post! These are the products I've been loving this month and that I would recommend others to try! In a few days I will be doing a haul blog post on everything I got/or bought myself for my birthday which was at the end of July. So I am not going to include anything from that in this favourites blog post, because I haven't had too long to test the products properly and I'll just end up repeating myself in both posts.

So here's July's favourites!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


1. 17 Lasting polish in 'Orange Soda'

I'm loving bright nail polish at the moment especially corals, pinks, yellow and blues. Only problem is I find they often don't go with what I'm wearing, meaning I have to change the colour a lot! This colour is a super bright coral, team it with natural make-up and nude and denim clothing to ensure you don't clash! The 17 collection is available at Boots with an offer for 2 for £5!

2. Good Things 'Face the day moisturiser'
After writing a blog post on this new skincare range I decided I definitely needed to try the products myself so I could review them for this blog. Later this week I will be writing a review on this moisturiser and another product from this range, so I wont go into detail now... but I absolutely LOVE this product and would recommend everyone to try products from this range!

3. Topshop Statement owl studs
For work I often prefer to wear my hair up in a loose bun or just clipped up, and a quick way to add an instant fashionable update is statement studs. If like me you can't really wear big dangly earrings for work, studs are a great if you feel your looking a little too plain without any in-your-face jewellery. This pair are from Topshop, and I think were around £6.99, but you can find statement studs in any high street store, try Primark if your on a budget.

4. MAC 'Studio sculpt concealer' in NW20
So originally I was after the Bobbi Brown creamy concealer after reading so many positive reviews on the product, but I was already shopping in the MAC store and figured MACs studio concealer would also be a suitable product. I wanted a concealer to hide blemishes and cover any dark circles my foundation couldn't hide. I really like this product it offers just the right amount of coverage and blends so easily, if you have the MAC 224 tapered blending brush, this is the perfect brush for blending concealer, if not it's just as easy to use your fingers to blend. I would still like to try Bobbi Brown's creamy concealer, just to compare against this product.

5. Loreal 'Nutri summer face'
I often find if I apply a little gradual self tan the night before my foundation will blend a lot easier into my skin the next day, and just generally my makeup will sit on my skin better. When I'm at my palest I find it really hard to blend my makeup as well as when I am tanned. If your going to use a self tan on your face always use one that is specifically just for your face! Any all over body self tanner will contain a lot of oil, as it is used to moisturise as well, and can bring you out in blemishes if used on the face. I really like this Loreal self tan, I have it in Medium and find it gives a really nice natural looking tan, which doesn't streak and doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy.

6. N.Y.C 'Smooth skin loose face powder'
This product is great if your on a budget, and is just £2.99. However I do not use it as a face powder, instead I use it for preventing any fall-out from eyeshadows ruining my face makeup. When applying dark eye makeup or any eyeshadows that are a loose powder, or contain glitter, I apply this translucent powder right under my eyes and just above my cheekbones, after finishing my eyes using a fan brush I sweep the powder away and any fall out from the eyeshadows will disappear with the powder.

7. WHSmith's cupcake storage
On an earlier blog post I showed my makeup storage, being the big quilted white makeup bag, but after buying quite a lot of new products this past month I needed a bigger storage space for my products. This storage box was in the sale at WHSmiths for £9.99, and is perfect for containing makeup, it has 6 different sized draws meaning you can separate your products into draws for Face,Eyes,Lips,Cheeks etc. I now keep all my makeup in this storage box, on top of my dressing table. As my room is decorated in a 'vintage style' there is a lot of light pinks, purples, beige and creams, so this storage box doesn't look too out of place. If you can't find one to match your decor, there are plenty of clear plastic storage boxes available.

0 comments:

Post a Comment