Sunday

Product review - Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer

Secret Camouflage is quite different from the concealers i have tried in the past which have been more of a thick creamy consistency, this concealer has a waxy texture and works best once warmed on the skin. This concealer can go on the skin quite sheer but is very easy to build up for full coverage. It works really well under the eyes to cover any dark circles and brightens the eye area, as well as for blemishes or any imperfections, which for me is what i mainly use concealer for. I don't generally get bags or dark circles under my eyes unless I've had a big night out, but i often get a few blemishes and have some red pigments on my chin area. My favourite thing about this concealer is that it comes with two shades for you to custom-blend the right colour for your skintone, and i like using the lighter shade as a brow bone highlight when wearing a more natural look with no shimmer.
This product works best when applied with your fingers as this warms up the product and makes it easier to blend.
At £26 this is pretty pricey for a concealer, but for me it's been well worth the money and the best concealer I've tried to date because it literally takes no effort to work.


Photobucket




Photobucket


A few other concealers I've tried are ..

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit £23.50
This is probably my second favourite concealer after secret camouflage. The shade 'Natural Tan' matches my skin so well, it blends perfectly, and is great for covering blemishes. I couldn't fault this product for how it works in any way..the only problem i had was i would hit pan after around 3 weeks and at £23.50 i couldn't really justify the money for that short amount of use.

Benefit Erase Paste £19.50
I found this far too pink toned for my skin,the formula was too thick for blemishes and made any spots under the skin stand out even more.

Mac Studio Finish Concealer £13.50
As for the colour, formula and coverage i loved this product, and it worked so well for under the eyes but unfortunately when using it on blemishes my skin did not agree with it and it made me break out quite badly.

What are your favourite concealers for hiding dark circles and blemishes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment